The Brothers McLeod

Well my 'design mojo' is coming back slowly but surely... starting to get more ideas and things I want to do. It's just actually getting the ideas together.

But while browsing I came across this again by The Brothers McLeod which I saw a while ago too and I've looked into this company in the past too but really love their style. They've won a lot of awards and even been nominated for BAFTA's and clients from Aardman Animation, CBBC, E4, Disney and more. I'm really drawn to the 'hand drawn' style and its something I want to try myself.
On animation design they say: 'In terms of style, our animations are predominantly 2D Digital with a hand drawn aesthetic. Greg hand draws the designs, these are imported into the computer, where they are coloured and rigged for animation'.
So here are some of their works as examples of what I mean and what is inspiring me....

'The Moon Bird'- A dark fairy tale about an orphan girl who must outwit a terrible sorceress with the help of a magical lunar bird. Shown on Channel 4, Christmas Day, 2010.




'The Fist of Fuggy'- A series of short viral animations about a hapess trainee ninja. He who struggles but endures will be a ninja!


1 comments:

 

Followers

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Follow on Bloglovin