Marcel development designs

Another post- ooh!! Well it's only right to follow on concept designs with development designs aint it. So this is what I've been working on Thursday and today. (yesterday and this morning I spent time on client project work- more on that to follow).

As I've mentioned before, this animation is to be mixed media, quite traditional. It will be hand drawn and possibly coloured by hand and then textured on photoshop (its gonna kill me frame by frame).
I tried different variations of ears, body shape, head size, noses, eyes....only to realise right at the end of all that and drawing and drawing- that it was pretty much the original of him that looked best. Now just with added eyebrows basicly!
Other variations just didn't look right, some were just plain wrong, some were too cheesy (no pun intended) and just didn't work.

Here is the development work up to now.












I now need to work on expressions and poses for the model sheet as well as making a start with designing my mime artist character Eduardo. Lots to do, very little time. Busy, busy, busy!

5 comments:

  1. "too cheesy" Hahahahahahaa XD Awesome!

    Great character designs. It's interesting to see how you developed him (Marcel is a 'him', right?). I agree with your choice of final design and I like his mysterious dark eyes.

    I enjoy reading your updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy thanks Dean (not Dan this time- was a long day that day LOL)...and yep, Marcel is a he.
    And thanks Donna! You know every step of this lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sooo good with coloured pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww thanks Donna! You know how important I think the right paper is for that lol.

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Follow on Bloglovin