It's all over....for now

So here come's the mass update as promised. The last few days have been pretty manic and working non stop to get things done with the deadline for having the clothes done for the 'Innocence' stop motion project for Monday to post and a meeting on Tuesday with Zahra about the animation sequence for 'The Stagg Do'. Both of which went well.


First things first- 'The Stagg Do'. This is something I began working on last year and started with the initial character designs and basic ideas. I knew it was going to be a paper cut out/stop motion animation but getting the character right took some time. He was created in a more abstract way and very different from the norm of what I usually do- normally it's more of a character...add some scribble and shading...more scribble...and more scribble to be on the safe side! But the Judge character was quite structured and linear. Not free form or hand drawn looking as such. Still quirky however but not in the usual way I do.

After animating using dragon frame, it was time to begin editing. Which as your aware of, is something that wasn't going right for me and taking a long time. It's also a fairly new thing to me to edit, so it's something I want and need to learn more of but certainly didn't help after spending ages on it- there was an error and I had to start again which wasn't seeming to go as well as I hoped.

But yesterday (Tuesday) I had a meeting with Zahra (producer) to see what I'd done and what files I had etc. The film is all coming together now and I saw the trailer for it and it looks fantastic!! It's getting near the end now, just finishing off things now.
So with what I had done, Zahra was happy with that and the making of pics I have and we transferred all the files and footage I have including test pieces and the ink clips to be keyed into the background and now they will take over the editing process. Some of the voice over that goes with the piece can be cut if needed so there's a gap to allow for more of the animation if its required. So that's that! All finished with in terms of that and handed over now.

It's been a fantastic experience for me and there's a lot of ideas I have for what I want to try out next or in the future and also I learned what I need to learn more of!
But the next step now is for me to go back and create a proper set of digital storyboards for it which should create some nice visuals. I had a more rough version of them to work from for now but time wise, it was best to refine and create the digital ones after. So thats the next step.


So as the final animation won't be posted yet- here's a few more screencaps from parts of it...with the green background.

Check out the blog here for all news and progress/updates.
Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 21.05.49Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 21.06.30Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 21.07.03Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 21.07.26Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 21.08.39Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 21.09.57
Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 21.10.26Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 21.10.48Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 21.11.01Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 21.11.25Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 21.11.58Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 21.12.08


3 comments:

  1. Its just amazing. The skills you have. Will keep my talk and compliments for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your work on this Ashleigh, it's tremendous,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! Glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Follow on Bloglovin