Seahorse to dog!

A little while ago I posted about making a seahorse for the Halfland project. I'd started and it was being made with paper mache (tissue paper). Now really when I started, I should of known but kinda just hoped it would work out....it didn't. The size was too big and the polystyrene eggs I had used as part of the frame for it just wasn't working. It now looks like a dog. So rather than bin him, I'll make him into some sort of 'Frankenweenie' style thing. Now I've started again, this time with just a basic wire armature- no polystyrene eggs and I've bulked out the body with newspaper before then adding paper mache with newspaper. I'll then add tissue paper mache and hope this way works.

3 comments:

  1. Woof! Neigh! Woof! :p

    The first one does look a bit Sparky-esque. Your subconscious planned this all along!

    The new horse looks like a Shetland pony. Very cool! Tell the Post Office it's going to Halfland and they might charge you half price shipping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has happened to me. Sometimes playing around and creating something spontaneously can be a lot more fun than sticking with the " plan "!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dean- haha yeah he was destined to be Sparky! Can't get away from Burton.
    I think i'll give that a try with the post office!! ; )

    Blacknick- yeah!! Exactly, same with digital work too. Sometimes just 'messing around' is far more better. Let's see how round two turns out!

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Follow on Bloglovin