ParaNorman creation

Following on from the ParaNorman bonanza post- here comes more! With the countdown to release, more video's being uploaded to YouTube and my book arriving, I was feeling inspired to create my own ParaNorman fan piece.
I wanted to do something combining hand drawn and digital so my initial idea for layout started in rough form like this...
And then for the actual line work of Norman on it's own-
Once he was coloured with tria markers, derwent inktense and karisma pencils he was ready to be scanned in:
I created the background separate and scanned that in too ready to place and paint up-
Very basic so far for line work and colour-
Then this is where many, MANY layers came in- when it come to painting the rest. Adding shadows and highlights and blending them with various layers.
It's still pretty new to me using this kind of technique with painting on photoshop but one which I'm really enjoying. After tweaking the background more and adding some more highlights and shading, it was finally finished.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Follow on Bloglovin