Well what a few months..

I have to put my hands up and admit that I haven't been able to do much design work for quite some time now. I have been working on a few logo commissions over the last few months and I have done a few (major hence on the few) moleksine doodles. I've wanted a moleskine for ages and already I've not been able to keep up with sketching in it (oops).

A little 'Tales of Us' doodle inspired by the Goldfrapp cinema event I went to which was AMAZING (as was their tour obviously).



And a very rough sketch character thing which I realised turned into me. I'd like to go back to this and create something more with it.



I still have a lot of areas I want to experiment with, with my illustration- mainly posing, expressions etc and the form itself.

So down to the reason why this has all been happening.... I started a level 3 teaching assistant course back in September as you might already know. There has been lots of written work as well as doing a placement in a Primary School which I have just finished. Im pretty much at the end of the course now but I've applied to do a short 5 week mental health awareness course from June, as well as applying for a masters in Social Work, which I have just found out I have a exam to go and sit on my birthday (lovely). So this has been my last few months.

I did however set a little time aside for myself and created this which was inspired by drag queens and makeup charts.


And......then about 2 weeks ago I lost 5 months worth of files due to an update to Mavericks on my Macbook Pro. It said it had backed up with time machine, but hadn't so I reverted back to the older OS and then it just messed it all up. I couldn't use my graphics tablet, photoshop or anything. It was just all so incredibly slow and crashing all the time. I had to get a new one and so I'm still busy getting it all set up and need to put all my files on which should be a thrilling task (not).

Speaking of graphics tablets, with all of this happening, I thought it was time to update mine and get a smaller one which is easier for travel and just takes up less space desk wise. I had a 2009 Wacom Intuos small model which I loved but obviously they've changed since then and the new Pen & Touch ones looked really sleek and had great reviews so I got it. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, just once for a few minutes but the pen feels a lot different (thinner) and I got so used to putting the other pen in the holder, which this one doesn't have. It'll take some getting used to but I will. 






1 comments:

 

Followers

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Follow on Bloglovin